Golden Monkey is a very light straw color, somewhat surprising for 9.5%. The head is small but lasts for awhile, and the aroma is fruity and yeasty. Taste is smooth and fruity, like banana and tangerine, with some floral hops. The spices seem to be herbal in nature, mostly coriander. The 9.5% is no joke, but you won't notice the ABV with just one or two of these. Light bodied but mouthfeel is still warming. Finish is semi-sweet with some honey notes, and overall this is a really nice American take on the Belgian Tripel.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 34 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity