Pours a clear amber color with a tinge of reddish auburn and a thin cream head. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy where we were expecting more malt. Nose is mostly citrus and piney hops with a touch of caramel malt. Taste is also very hoppy - overly so - and is also overly sweet. While there's more malt backbone in the taste, it's more hop than anything, marked by a sticky, heavy booziness. It's a medium mouthfeel that feels heavier the more you let the beer warm up, and the carbonation is on the flatter side of medium. If you're expecting a nice Scotch Ale that's true to the style, you might want to look elsewhere.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 46 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity