Pours a clear amber color with a tinge of reddish auburn and a thin cream head. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy where we were expecting more malt. Nose is mostly citrus and piney hops with a touch of caramel malt. Taste is also very hoppy - overly so - and is also overly sweet. While there's more malt backbone in the taste, it's more hop than anything, marked by a sticky, heavy booziness. It's a medium mouthfeel that feels heavier the more you let the beer warm up, and the carbonation is on the flatter side of medium. If you're expecting a nice Scotch Ale that's true to the style, you might want to look elsewhere.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 59 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Filbert. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity