Pours a dark amber and dark red color, clear but non-transparent. The head is about one finger thick, foamy and light tan in color. The head lasts forever – it didn’t really diminish at all. Aroma is strong and malty, with huge amounts of dark fruit and spice. On the taste, we get lots of fruit upfront, especially cherry. Rich, malty flavors with winter spices, toffee, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. The cherry taste is pretty sweet initially, which was unexpected as this is made with Balaton cherries which tend to have more tartness. Not too boozy for a Belgian-style quad at 10.7% ABV. Super smooth mouthfeel, with a medium to full body. Well balanced and dangerously drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 36 minutes ago
- IPAman listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Sactown Brews Revisited. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Weapon of Mass Seduction. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to LA LA Land. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity