Pours a dark amber and dark red color, clear but non-transparent. The head is about one finger thick, foamy and light tan in color. The head lasts forever – it didn’t really diminish at all. Aroma is strong and malty, with huge amounts of dark fruit and spice. On the taste, we get lots of fruit upfront, especially cherry. Rich, malty flavors with winter spices, toffee, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. The cherry taste is pretty sweet initially, which was unexpected as this is made with Balaton cherries which tend to have more tartness. Not too boozy for a Belgian-style quad at 10.7% ABV. Super smooth mouthfeel, with a medium to full body. Well balanced and dangerously drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Orange County. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Fueled by Gravity. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for 99 Problems But A Peach Ain't One. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to San Diego Part 2. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity