Black Phoenix pours a dark brown beer, the color of cola. It has a classic stout aroma, that of roasted malts and a touch of toffee. This has on the lighter end of the stout spectrum. It has a light roasted malt flavor with some smoke and only the slightest bit of pepper on the initial sip. The chipotle has a cumulative effect, however, and after 3 or 4 sips you start to pick up some black pepper flavor. After 6 or 7 sips you begin to feel the spice in the black of your throat. The coffee is very subtle and with the spice is almost imperceptible. Consider this an introductory beer for someone looking to try a chili pepper beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Panic IPA. 31 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Philbert. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lupulin Orbit. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Fruit and Milk. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for LHazy River. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Stars Align. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity