Black Phoenix pours a dark brown beer, the color of cola. It has a classic stout aroma, that of roasted malts and a touch of toffee. This has on the lighter end of the stout spectrum. It has a light roasted malt flavor with some smoke and only the slightest bit of pepper on the initial sip. The chipotle has a cumulative effect, however, and after 3 or 4 sips you start to pick up some black pepper flavor. After 6 or 7 sips you begin to feel the spice in the black of your throat. The coffee is very subtle and with the spice is almost imperceptible. Consider this an introductory beer for someone looking to try a chili pepper beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to Beers Up North. 24 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Druid Pils South. 55 minutes ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA