Welcome to LA commemorates the opening of Firestone's Taproom in Marina Del Ray. This beer attempts to meld qualities of two of the most popular beer styles: the drink-ability and low-ABV of the lager with the hops and flavor of the IPA. Welcome to LA does a pretty good job of that. It pours a pale golden color with a slim white head and an abundance of carbonation. The aroma pairs pine and citrus hops with a smooth bready malt quality. The flavor features a cracker-like malt base with some spicy English-like hops in the aftertaste. The "hoppy lager" is a style of beer which started to show some prominence a few years ago and then seemed to die down a bit. But there are so many good qualities to this beer, it would definitely be nice to see more of this style of beer in the future.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seizoen. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Lagoon. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 5). 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Field to Ferment - Citra (2017). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity