Welcome to LA commemorates the opening of Firestone's Taproom in Marina Del Ray. This beer attempts to meld qualities of two of the most popular beer styles: the drink-ability and low-ABV of the lager with the hops and flavor of the IPA. Welcome to LA does a pretty good job of that. It pours a pale golden color with a slim white head and an abundance of carbonation. The aroma pairs pine and citrus hops with a smooth bready malt quality. The flavor features a cracker-like malt base with some spicy English-like hops in the aftertaste. The "hoppy lager" is a style of beer which started to show some prominence a few years ago and then seemed to die down a bit. But there are so many good qualities to this beer, it would definitely be nice to see more of this style of beer in the future.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale