Metaphase pours a murky, golden straw color with one finger of white, foamy head. Really nice aroma dominated by citrus and tropical fruit. The taste follows the nose, with a hop-forward flavor of orange, tangerine, white grape, mango, and pineapple. Citra and Nelson Sauvin seem to be a really nice combination. Juicy and pulpy, but not sweet, which we appreciate. Malts are soft and flaky, with an oat-based profile that helps to accentuate the hop flavors. Overall this is a really solid Double IPA. Not sure when we’ll get to North Dakota, but these guys are crushing it!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 51 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Union Jack. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other listened to California Grab Bag. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity