Metaphase pours a murky, golden straw color with one finger of white, foamy head. Really nice aroma dominated by citrus and tropical fruit. The taste follows the nose, with a hop-forward flavor of orange, tangerine, white grape, mango, and pineapple. Citra and Nelson Sauvin seem to be a really nice combination. Juicy and pulpy, but not sweet, which we appreciate. Malts are soft and flaky, with an oat-based profile that helps to accentuate the hop flavors. Overall this is a really solid Double IPA. Not sure when we’ll get to North Dakota, but these guys are crushing it!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 42 minutes ago
- IPAman listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Sactown Brews Revisited. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Weapon of Mass Seduction. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to LA LA Land. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity