Metaphase pours a murky, golden straw color with one finger of white, foamy head. Really nice aroma dominated by citrus and tropical fruit. The taste follows the nose, with a hop-forward flavor of orange, tangerine, white grape, mango, and pineapple. Citra and Nelson Sauvin seem to be a really nice combination. Juicy and pulpy, but not sweet, which we appreciate. Malts are soft and flaky, with an oat-based profile that helps to accentuate the hop flavors. Overall this is a really solid Double IPA. Not sure when we’ll get to North Dakota, but these guys are crushing it!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to Sour Power Hour. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Boss Pour. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Simtra Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Bonkers. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 7 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity