King in the North pours a dark, dark brown color with amber highlights around the edges. The head is incredibly thick foam, one of the thickest ever. It almost seems like you could set a quarter on top of the head without it falling through. The aroma has dark roasted malts with the slightest bit of caramel sweetness. The flavor follows the aroma with the roasted and caramel malt flavors in perfect balance. The mouthfeel of this beer is as smooth as silk and there is no alcohol kick. The quality and balance in this beer are so apparent, it is definitely fit for a King in the North or anywhere in the Seven Kingdoms.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 18 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 59 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity