Aphotic pours nearly black in color with a thin, creamy, dark tan head. Intense aroma of coffee and dark malt. Flavor is superb with roasted malt, espresso, and vanilla as the standouts. All rich flavors with a velvety mouthfeel and creamy texture. Caramel malt and milk chocolate sweetness show up a bit later. Hops are earthy or floral, but are reserved when compared to all of the robust malt flavors. The 9.3% is hidden well. Full bodied with nice viscosity, especially for a porter. Sweet in the finish, but not quite a dessert beer, which we appreciate. Overall a really wonderful imperial porter that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Jai Alai. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Fort George Vortex IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Sactown Brews. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to LA LA Land. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: HiFi + LoFi Mixtape. 5 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer MadeWest Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Goosed. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity