Aphotic pours nearly black in color with a thin, creamy, dark tan head. Intense aroma of coffee and dark malt. Flavor is superb with roasted malt, espresso, and vanilla as the standouts. All rich flavors with a velvety mouthfeel and creamy texture. Caramel malt and milk chocolate sweetness show up a bit later. Hops are earthy or floral, but are reserved when compared to all of the robust malt flavors. The 9.3% is hidden well. Full bodied with nice viscosity, especially for a porter. Sweet in the finish, but not quite a dessert beer, which we appreciate. Overall a really wonderful imperial porter that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 2 minutes ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 37 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 48 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Mirror Universe. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity