Aphotic pours nearly black in color with a thin, creamy, dark tan head. Intense aroma of coffee and dark malt. Flavor is superb with roasted malt, espresso, and vanilla as the standouts. All rich flavors with a velvety mouthfeel and creamy texture. Caramel malt and milk chocolate sweetness show up a bit later. Hops are earthy or floral, but are reserved when compared to all of the robust malt flavors. The 9.3% is hidden well. Full bodied with nice viscosity, especially for a porter. Sweet in the finish, but not quite a dessert beer, which we appreciate. Overall a really wonderful imperial porter that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Porter. 49 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Equinox Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Olympia Beer. 7 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity