Aphotic pours nearly black in color with a thin, creamy, dark tan head. Intense aroma of coffee and dark malt. Flavor is superb with roasted malt, espresso, and vanilla as the standouts. All rich flavors with a velvety mouthfeel and creamy texture. Caramel malt and milk chocolate sweetness show up a bit later. Hops are earthy or floral, but are reserved when compared to all of the robust malt flavors. The 9.3% is hidden well. Full bodied with nice viscosity, especially for a porter. Sweet in the finish, but not quite a dessert beer, which we appreciate. Overall a really wonderful imperial porter that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Philbert. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lupulin Orbit. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Fruit and Milk. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for LHazy River. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Stars Align. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity