On the pour, Lava is a dark, dark brown with only a little red amber color peaking through on the edges. The aroma is a combination of dark malts, hickory smoke, and some alcohol burn. This has some barbecue flavors like worcestershire marinade, and hickory smoke on top of a dark molasses malt base. The smell makes it seem like this beer might be overwhelming, but it's actually quite drinkable and not overwhelming with the alcohol. This would pair well with pork loin or smoked cheese.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Beer From Here: INW Lager. 5 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 30 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity