On the pour, Lava is a dark, dark brown with only a little red amber color peaking through on the edges. The aroma is a combination of dark malts, hickory smoke, and some alcohol burn. This has some barbecue flavors like worcestershire marinade, and hickory smoke on top of a dark molasses malt base. The smell makes it seem like this beer might be overwhelming, but it's actually quite drinkable and not overwhelming with the alcohol. This would pair well with pork loin or smoked cheese.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 4 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Silver Lake Saison. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New Glory Days. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Champs de Fraises. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity