Color is dark amber, non-transparent, with a huge, creamy, white head that lasts forever. Aroma of smoked malt is unique and powerful. To call this a “farmhouse altbier with smoked malt” is an understatement. Bold, intense flavors from the smoked malt, including BBQ-like flavors of smoked meat, ash, toffee, cola, and tobacco. Mesquite would be a good overall word for it. Very malt forward, with burnt malt, caramel malt, and a slight brown sugar and molasses sweetness. Hops are earthy and peaty, and there’s an unexpected flavor on the backend that could be raspberry or cherry or some other dark fruit. Smoky from start to finish, with a light to medium body and a cigar-like aftertaste. Can’t say we’d grab this on a regular basis, but it’s a complex and and one-of-a-kind beer that’s worth trying if you can find it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Brew Free! Or Die IPA. 24 minutes ago
- duffy12 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Wookey Jack. 2 hours ago
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity