Color is dark amber, non-transparent, with a huge, creamy, white head that lasts forever. Aroma of smoked malt is unique and powerful. To call this a “farmhouse altbier with smoked malt” is an understatement. Bold, intense flavors from the smoked malt, including BBQ-like flavors of smoked meat, ash, toffee, cola, and tobacco. Mesquite would be a good overall word for it. Very malt forward, with burnt malt, caramel malt, and a slight brown sugar and molasses sweetness. Hops are earthy and peaty, and there’s an unexpected flavor on the backend that could be raspberry or cherry or some other dark fruit. Smoky from start to finish, with a light to medium body and a cigar-like aftertaste. Can’t say we’d grab this on a regular basis, but it’s a complex and and one-of-a-kind beer that’s worth trying if you can find it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 32 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity