Color is dark brown, nearly black, with one finger of khaki colored, creamy head. The head sticks around for a long time, and leaves just a bit of lacing on the glass. The aroma is intense, with huge amounts of chocolate. Taste is similar, and the chocolate has more of a bittersweet flavor, not a sugary or sweet chocolate taste. But it still reminds us of German Chocolate Cake. Malt-forward with dark bread and black coffee notes. Mouthfeel is dry and chewy, with a medium to full body and light carbonation. The 9% is well contained, and the finish is dry but silky smooth. Well done.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Mai Tai PA. 12 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pine'Hop'Le. 45 minutes ago
- Missy19 and 1 other listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Dopamine (Ghost 822). 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pool Party Haze. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Catalyst. 7 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Sugar Pine Cocoa-Vanilla Porter. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity