Color is dark brown, nearly black, with one finger of khaki colored, creamy head. The head sticks around for a long time, and leaves just a bit of lacing on the glass. The aroma is intense, with huge amounts of chocolate. Taste is similar, and the chocolate has more of a bittersweet flavor, not a sugary or sweet chocolate taste. But it still reminds us of German Chocolate Cake. Malt-forward with dark bread and black coffee notes. Mouthfeel is dry and chewy, with a medium to full body and light carbonation. The 9% is well contained, and the finish is dry but silky smooth. Well done.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 37 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity