Color is dark brown, basically black. Head is dark khaki in color, two fingers thick and foamy. One of the largest heads we’ve seen on an Imperial Stout, but it does thin down to a reasonable level. Aroma is malty and robust, but not overwhelming. The tastes gives us hearty flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, beef jerky, leather, and smoked meat. Really light on the sweetness, but there’s a touch of light molasses and soy sauce. A surprising but welcomed bitterness comes through on the back-end. Full body, with light carbonation and a chewy mouthfeel. Fremont does an excellent job with dark beers, and this is no exception. Should last awhile and will be a great sipper on a cold winter evening.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Monkey Knife Fight. 48 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Park. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Neverending Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity