Elysian's BiFrost Winter Ale pours a hazy, amber orange color. Head is fairly thin, white, and bubbly. Aroma is citrusy with a bit of holiday spice. The taste is interesting: this is a high alcohol 8.3% ABV pale ale, serving as a winter beer. Not your typical winter warmer, this drinks more like an IPA. Yeast and bread flavors that provide some malty sweetness, but it's not as sweet as some winter beers. Hops seem to be citrus, pine, and herbal, with a little bite in the finish. Medium body with a slightly syrupy or sticky mouthfeel. Overall, not your typical winter warmer, but for IPA fans, this makes for an interesting beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 8 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 20th Anniversary Ale. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to 100th Episode!. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Sowing the Sun. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Wells Banana Bread Beer. 4 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Flyover Country. 6 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity