Elysian's BiFrost Winter Ale pours a hazy, amber orange color. Head is fairly thin, white, and bubbly. Aroma is citrusy with a bit of holiday spice. The taste is interesting: this is a high alcohol 8.3% ABV pale ale, serving as a winter beer. Not your typical winter warmer, this drinks more like an IPA. Yeast and bread flavors that provide some malty sweetness, but it's not as sweet as some winter beers. Hops seem to be citrus, pine, and herbal, with a little bite in the finish. Medium body with a slightly syrupy or sticky mouthfeel. Overall, not your typical winter warmer, but for IPA fans, this makes for an interesting beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 11 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity