Christmas may be over but there's still plenty of time to keep drinking all those winter beers! This Bad Santa pours a dark brown, nearly black color with an impressive head this is off-white, foamy and thick. Aroma has roasted malt and hints of molasses. Taste is all malt upfront, with caramel, chocolate, and coffee. We also get some robust, leather and cigar-like flavors and bit of smokiness. But there's an earthy hoppiness that you don't get in a lot of dark beers. Creamy mouthfeel and a medium body that lies somewhere between a porter and a stout. We'd even call this a Black IPA, given all the malts up front, but the hoppiness, mouthfeel, and finish that you might find in an IPA. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 28 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Juicebox Series - Peach Berliner Weisse. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity