Vallis Aurea pours a light copper, almost amber color, clear for the style. It has a very thin but fizzy head. The aroma is quite strong with some Belgian qualities and a fair amount of alcohol burn, letting you know this is a strong beer. The flavor is exactly as advertised by the aroma with a lot of Brett noticeable on the initial sip followed by an oaky, warming booziness. This is chased by a slight honey sweetness in the aftertaste that helps prevent any kick. Ours was bottled in 2015 and it appears to have been limited in its release. So if you or your friend have a bottle stashed away somewhere, it's best to get a group together and give it a shot.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to San Diego Part 2. 58 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Biere de Mars. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Slide Rule Chocolate Raspberry Gose. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Tenured Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other added a rating for Monterey Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity