We picked up the 2020 bottling of Trickery and aged it for an extra year, just in time for this Halloween weekend. It’s an Imperial Milk Stout that pours a dark brown color with a very dark colored head. Half a finger thick and it disappears into a thin film with nice lacing on the glass. Boozy aroma with huge barrel aged notes. The taste matches the aroma, which is malt focused with hints of black strap molasses, dark chocolate, butterscotch, and caramel. But most noticeable is the apple brandy and barrel flavors. Full bodied and strong; don't overlook the 13.5% ABV. Mouthfeel is thick and warming. An excellent seasonal release from Virginia’s Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Tulsa Twister. 40 minutes ago
- Vette432 and 1 other added a rating for Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale). 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hayburner. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Azacca IPA. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gaffel Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bobble Head Red IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity