We picked up the 2020 bottling of Trickery and aged it for an extra year, just in time for this Halloween weekend. It’s an Imperial Milk Stout that pours a dark brown color with a very dark colored head. Half a finger thick and it disappears into a thin film with nice lacing on the glass. Boozy aroma with huge barrel aged notes. The taste matches the aroma, which is malt focused with hints of black strap molasses, dark chocolate, butterscotch, and caramel. But most noticeable is the apple brandy and barrel flavors. Full bodied and strong; don't overlook the 13.5% ABV. Mouthfeel is thick and warming. An excellent seasonal release from Virginia’s Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Dream Yard. 55 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Imperial Golden Nugget. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Holy Hermit. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Biere de Mars. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Dark Island. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity