Pours a very bold, cranberry or dark cherry color. Pretty clear but not transparent. There's some initial bubbles that fizzle down immediately, leaving no head whatsoever. Aroma is strong, with a pleasant combination of blueberries, oak, and sourness. Taste is tart and acidic up front, with the sea salt and gose aspects very pronounced. A bit of funk and yeast before the fruit takes over. The acidity mellows out and the fruit and sweetness really coming through on the back end. Especially as the beer warms, the flavors seem to transition from a crisp sourness to a smooth sweetness. There's cinnamon and vanilla in the finish, but those are pretty subtle. Light body with a refreshing finish. Complex and unique, this is one to grab if you can find it!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 43 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Red Glove. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity