This Stock Ale pours a beautiful, orange copper color with no head to speak of. Translucent appearance with a unique farmhouse funk aroma. Taste is tart up front, with floral notes that lead to a light sweetness on the back end, including noticeable honey flavors. It's aged in bourbon barrels, and we pick up on the barrel, but not so much the bourbon. Low carbonation but still lots of complex flavors. There are even some champagne-like characteristics, and it seems at times like a blend between a sour ale and a barleywine. An interesting beer but one that would be better with a little bit of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 51 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity