Schwandtoberfest pours a dark copper color, slightly cloudy, with a thin, creamy, off-white head. The aroma has a classic Oktoberfest smell, with caramel malts and the slight spice of Bavarian hops. The taste follows the aroma but whereas some Oktoberfest beers load up on the caramel sweetness, this doesn't take the sweetness overboard. This is also more classically American with more citrus hop flavors, earthy malt notes and an oatmeal finish. It drinks more like an ale than a lager with a creamy mouthfeel. This is a tasty and complex hybrid of German and American style beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Cashmere Pale Ale. 47 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to On the Boulevard. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Consecration. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Christmas Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Whale Bay. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity