Schwandtoberfest pours a dark copper color, slightly cloudy, with a thin, creamy, off-white head. The aroma has a classic Oktoberfest smell, with caramel malts and the slight spice of Bavarian hops. The taste follows the aroma but whereas some Oktoberfest beers load up on the caramel sweetness, this doesn't take the sweetness overboard. This is also more classically American with more citrus hop flavors, earthy malt notes and an oatmeal finish. It drinks more like an ale than a lager with a creamy mouthfeel. This is a tasty and complex hybrid of German and American style beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 57 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Back to the Brews. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Moxee-Moron. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Marionberry Braggot. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity