Schwandtoberfest pours a dark copper color, slightly cloudy, with a thin, creamy, off-white head. The aroma has a classic Oktoberfest smell, with caramel malts and the slight spice of Bavarian hops. The taste follows the aroma but whereas some Oktoberfest beers load up on the caramel sweetness, this doesn't take the sweetness overboard. This is also more classically American with more citrus hop flavors, earthy malt notes and an oatmeal finish. It drinks more like an ale than a lager with a creamy mouthfeel. This is a tasty and complex hybrid of German and American style beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Anchor Liberty Ale. 48 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Allagash Tripel Ale. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Karate Chimp. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity