Schwandtoberfest pours a dark copper color, slightly cloudy, with a thin, creamy, off-white head. The aroma has a classic Oktoberfest smell, with caramel malts and the slight spice of Bavarian hops. The taste follows the aroma but whereas some Oktoberfest beers load up on the caramel sweetness, this doesn't take the sweetness overboard. This is also more classically American with more citrus hop flavors, earthy malt notes and an oatmeal finish. It drinks more like an ale than a lager with a creamy mouthfeel. This is a tasty and complex hybrid of German and American style beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 45 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for XII Zwolfjahre. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Pepper & Peaches. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Fruitlands - Apricot. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Habitus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity