This Oktoberfest Märzen pours a translucent pale amber color with an off-white, foamy head. Mild aroma with some malt and graham cracker. On the taste, this is malt forward, with some of that same graham cracker taste, a little bit of dark bread, toast, and really low sweetness which we appreciate for this style. At first, it’s crisp and refreshing, but after a few sips, it transitions into a beer with a creamy, smooth mouthfeel. There’s also some bitterness that shows up in the finish, giving this some nice balance. Overall, we enjoyed this Märzen, and it’s great to try a U.S. craft beer alongside the traditional German beers to celebrate this year’s Oktoberfest!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for RuinTen Triple IPA (2016). 38 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Booming Rollers. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity