Thirsty Trout Porter is dark brown with reddish highlights around the edges. Tan colored head, thin and filmy. Aroma is mostly dark chocolate, but also cinnamon, brown sugar, and even some oats. Taste is robust and similar to the aroma, and though it keeps a presence, it doesn't have as much chocolate flavor as the aroma would suggest. We get dark roasted malts, coffee, toffee, and some nuttiness, maybe hazelnut. The roasted malt and light chocolate flavors seem to linger on the tongue. At 7%, this is extremely drinkable and light bodied. Classic porter with lots of flavor; this is one we really like.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Seizoen. 17 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Senor Saison. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Happy Hops. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Infinite Void Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity