Thirsty Trout Porter is dark brown with reddish highlights around the edges. Tan colored head, thin and filmy. Aroma is mostly dark chocolate, but also cinnamon, brown sugar, and even some oats. Taste is robust and similar to the aroma, and though it keeps a presence, it doesn't have as much chocolate flavor as the aroma would suggest. We get dark roasted malts, coffee, toffee, and some nuttiness, maybe hazelnut. The roasted malt and light chocolate flavors seem to linger on the tongue. At 7%, this is extremely drinkable and light bodied. Classic porter with lots of flavor; this is one we really like.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to Beers Up North. 20 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Druid Pils South. 51 minutes ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA