Chimay Blue pours a brown color with an reddish-amber hue and a medium tan head. It has a bready yeast smell with a touch of cherries and brandy. It's complex with a dark fruit and caramel flavor, some woody notes and a touch of bitterness to balance out some candy sweetness. Somehow it's refreshing, although not exactly crisp. The buttery aftertaste lingers on the tongue and has a cumulative warming effect, lasting a little longer than other beers of this style; and that's not a bad thing.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Chonk - Tropical Berry Blast Sundae Sour. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 7 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity