Color is dark amber brown with one finger of off-white soapy head. Pleasant aroma of malts and dark fruit. Taste is super rich and smooth, with robust malt flavors and an underlying brown sugar sweetness. We get dates, figs, currants, blueberries, cherry, and hints of caramel. Mouthfeel is warming, medium bodied, and very drinkable for 10% abv. As the beer warms a bit, we get banana and chocolate, along with more cherry. Complex flavors, yet deliciously simple at the same time. This is an excellent beer and certainly worth ordering from their monastery in Italy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 40 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Identity Crisis. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hang 'em High. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Birra Moretti La Rossa. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 5 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for EightFive-O American Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity