Big Bear Black Stout is aptly named, pouring nearly jet black with a half finger tan head. It smells amazing with notes of dark roasted malt, a little molasses, and an earthiness that's inviting. It's heavy bodied and has good carbonation, but has a balanced acidity. Sometimes it's nice to have a plain old non-flavored stout and this one delivers. It has some depth with dark malts, bittersweet grain, slight vanilla, and a bit of astringent alcohol that is a nice finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Flyby Pilsner. 7 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity