Big Bear Black Stout is aptly named, pouring nearly jet black with a half finger tan head. It smells amazing with notes of dark roasted malt, a little molasses, and an earthiness that's inviting. It's heavy bodied and has good carbonation, but has a balanced acidity. Sometimes it's nice to have a plain old non-flavored stout and this one delivers. It has some depth with dark malts, bittersweet grain, slight vanilla, and a bit of astringent alcohol that is a nice finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Porter. 43 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Equinox Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity