Dark amber color with plenty of red around the edges. Head is small, khaki colored, but sticks around with nice lacing. Roasted malts in the aroma. The taste is malt-forward with a combination of dark bread, nuts, and candied fruit. At first we get a taste like rye or pumpernickel bread, then it shifts to a sweetness like Pan de Sal or sweet bread. The back-end has a dry and slightly bitter finish. Medium to full bodied with a clean, smooth mouthfeel like you expect from a lager. We don’t drink a lot of lagers at BOTD, but this is a good one.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 23 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Xtra-Citra Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Nitro Merlin Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Nelson Sauvin . 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sabrosa. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Devil Dancer. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Le Jus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity