Dark amber color with plenty of red around the edges. Head is small, khaki colored, but sticks around with nice lacing. Roasted malts in the aroma. The taste is malt-forward with a combination of dark bread, nuts, and candied fruit. At first we get a taste like rye or pumpernickel bread, then it shifts to a sweetness like Pan de Sal or sweet bread. The back-end has a dry and slightly bitter finish. Medium to full bodied with a clean, smooth mouthfeel like you expect from a lager. We don’t drink a lot of lagers at BOTD, but this is a good one.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 35 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Red Glove. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity