This is an “Imperial Pale Ale” that pours a pretty clear, pale amber color with one finger of white, foamy head. Aroma is quite balanced, with caramel malt coupled with bright, hoppy notes. The flavor is balanced like the aroma, with a good amount of doughy malt flavors along with a light caramel sweetness. We get a range of hop flavors, including stone fruit, tropical fruit, citrus, and pine. Medium bitterness, but not quite as much as you’d expect for 85 ibu. Medium to full bodied for the style, with a resinous mouthfeel. This is an impressive IPA. The 7.5% catches up with you quickly, but it’s well balanced and a satisfying experience from start to finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to Winter is Here. 14 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Suicide Squeeze IPA. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Kiwanda Cream Ale. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Maduro. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity