Color is dark brown, nearly black with a finger of brown, frothy head. Strong aroma of coffee, chocolate, and dark malts. Taste is superb, with dark, bitter coffee flavors, along with dark chocolate and molasses. Roasted malts are robust and intense. But it's not sweet at all, which we like. However, there is a smoky, charred flavor that takes over after the first couple sips, which would make for a great campfire beer. Mouthfeel is smooth and warming, with the 9.5% pretty tamed. Finishes with even more flavors of black coffee and dark chocolate. Incredible taste and smoothness with this Imperial Stout!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 36 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Jacaranda. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Spectral Evidence. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Fantasy Factory. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Saint Archer IPA. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Two Beers Fresh Hop 2016. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity