Color is dark brown, nearly black with a finger of brown, frothy head. Strong aroma of coffee, chocolate, and dark malts. Taste is superb, with dark, bitter coffee flavors, along with dark chocolate and molasses. Roasted malts are robust and intense. But it's not sweet at all, which we like. However, there is a smoky, charred flavor that takes over after the first couple sips, which would make for a great campfire beer. Mouthfeel is smooth and warming, with the 9.5% pretty tamed. Finishes with even more flavors of black coffee and dark chocolate. Incredible taste and smoothness with this Imperial Stout!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 40 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Red Glove. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity