A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Montucky Cold Snack. 46 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Calf. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for No Chill. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Shuttle Bunny (8th Anniversary) Double White IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Quaff On! Quaff IPA. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Sour Power Hour. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peche 'n Brett. 7 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Kushetka Imperial Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity