A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 8 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oktober Fuel. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity