A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 31 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Filbert. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity