An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Dream Yard. 44 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Identity Crisis. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Pacific Kölsch Highway. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Blue Bridge Coffee Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity