An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Shake Chocolate Porter. 30 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Dark and the Pale. 57 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hazelutely Choctabulous. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Christmas Show 2018. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for DAAANG! IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity