Brewery:Caldera Brewing Company
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Station 101. 14 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Sparkle Muffin. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for General Sherman IPA - Double Dry Hopped. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Brix Layer. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Citraholic. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Fort Point (Mosaic Dry Hopped). 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 5 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Red, White, and Peach. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Can't Stop Juicin'
For Science 3.5
Leave a Comment: