An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Plum Riot. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for New Money. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Sierra Nevada Show. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to What's My Name Again?. 7 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity