An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Lights On. 51 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 59 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Panic IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Heady Topper. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to California Grab Bag II. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Campfire Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity