An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 59 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 and 1 other listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Don't Call Me Brant IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Guinness Draught Stout. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Smog City Coffee Porter. 7 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity