An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 13 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Snowdrift Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 2 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Deja Stout. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sparkle Muffin. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity