An homage to an old friend, Mogli is special. It pours very dark brown with a good tan head that dissipates rather slowly. The aroma is crazy complex; there's smokiness, some vanilla, some caramel and sweetness. The taste is even moreso. Up front it's all about the chocolate but as you keep sipping and get further committed, there's much more beautiful subtlety going on. There's vanilla, malt, molasses, smoked nuts, oak and caramelized sugar, and probably even more flavors one could derive from the finish after that. It sounds like a lot going on, but these flavors play nicely together to make a really enjoyable imperial porter. The alcohol isn't overly noticeable due to the complexity, and there's a balanced sweetness and smokiness that takes center stage.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Molecular Self Assembly. 19 minutes ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Brooklyn Local 1. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Red Glove. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lemon Drip. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity