Brewed in collaboration with Brasserie De Blaugies in Belgium, la Vermontoise pours from a green bottle with a retro label, like a wine bottle from the 60's. It is an incredibly light straw colored beer with a thick, foamy, whipped egg-white head that lasts forever. The farmhouse and horse blanket funk is strong on the aroma, kind of like cheese rind mixed with a lemon soapiness. The flavor retains very little of the funkiness from the aroma, introducing plenty of pleasing citrus lemon hop flavors. The flavor is more reminiscent of a Dutch lager taste than Belgian ale, giving it a crisp and balanced quality for a farmhouse ale.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Chonk - Tropical Berry Blast Sundae Sour. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 7 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity