Brewmaster Reserve 2015 from Full Sail pours a dark brown/black color with a dark tan colored head that starts out thick but slowly dissipates down to a slim layer on the top of the beer. It is very aromatic with a very sweet smell of brown sugar, tootsie roll, and hints of toffee and coffee. The base flavor is dark, roasted malts with hints of molasses and caramel that give it a lingering sweetness. Espresso and dark chocolate flavors come through in the aftertaste that leaves you with a touch of coffee and cocoa bitterness. 10.5% ABV is on the low end for Imperial Stouts which gives this beer a lighter mouthfeel and more drinkability. We were glad we were able to wait a year to try it, but wish we had another one to try again in a couple of years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Killer Lion Fresh Hop IPA. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to The Sierra Nevada Show. 3 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for La Terrible. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Classic Brewery's New Offerings. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hammerland DIPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity