Brewmaster Reserve 2015 from Full Sail pours a dark brown/black color with a dark tan colored head that starts out thick but slowly dissipates down to a slim layer on the top of the beer. It is very aromatic with a very sweet smell of brown sugar, tootsie roll, and hints of toffee and coffee. The base flavor is dark, roasted malts with hints of molasses and caramel that give it a lingering sweetness. Espresso and dark chocolate flavors come through in the aftertaste that leaves you with a touch of coffee and cocoa bitterness. 10.5% ABV is on the low end for Imperial Stouts which gives this beer a lighter mouthfeel and more drinkability. We were glad we were able to wait a year to try it, but wish we had another one to try again in a couple of years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Dream Yard. 16 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 51 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Imperial Golden Nugget. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Holy Hermit. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Biere de Mars. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Dark Island. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity