Espress-O-Boros pours a dark brown, nearly black color with one finger of creamy, dark tan head. Pure roasted malt aroma with hints of coffee, cacao, and milk chocolate. The taste has very similar flavors, with bold notes of espresso, leather, caramel, and dark fruit. But the two most dominant flavors we pick up on are nuts (macadamia or hazelnut) and bittersweet chocolate. There's an earthy hoppiness in the background that provides a mild bitterness and nice balance to the enormous malt flavors. Mouthfeel is chalky and smooth with a medium body. The 10.2% is well hidden with this enjoyable imperial stout from Silva Brewing.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 7 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 48 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity