Espress-O-Boros pours a dark brown, nearly black color with one finger of creamy, dark tan head. Pure roasted malt aroma with hints of coffee, cacao, and milk chocolate. The taste has very similar flavors, with bold notes of espresso, leather, caramel, and dark fruit. But the two most dominant flavors we pick up on are nuts (macadamia or hazelnut) and bittersweet chocolate. There's an earthy hoppiness in the background that provides a mild bitterness and nice balance to the enormous malt flavors. Mouthfeel is chalky and smooth with a medium body. The 10.2% is well hidden with this enjoyable imperial stout from Silva Brewing.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 2 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity