Cross of Gold pours a slightly hazy, golden orange color with lots of little carbonation bubbles. The head is thin and filmy, and the aroma has some Belgian yeast, banana, and esters. On the taste, what instantly comes to mind is banana nut bread in a liquid format. Lots of banana, but also some hazelnut flavors like Nutella, but it's not too sweet. But there's also a funky, slightly farmhouse feel to it, with an astringent mouthfeel and lots of medicinal qualities. Solid mouthcoating with a very clean finish. This was a really unique and complex beer - lots going on and definitely worth checking out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 10 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Cougar. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagertha. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Panther. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Otra Vez. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to IPAs East and West. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Another One. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity