Cross of Gold pours a slightly hazy, golden orange color with lots of little carbonation bubbles. The head is thin and filmy, and the aroma has some Belgian yeast, banana, and esters. On the taste, what instantly comes to mind is banana nut bread in a liquid format. Lots of banana, but also some hazelnut flavors like Nutella, but it's not too sweet. But there's also a funky, slightly farmhouse feel to it, with an astringent mouthfeel and lots of medicinal qualities. Solid mouthcoating with a very clean finish. This was a really unique and complex beer - lots going on and definitely worth checking out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 48 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity