Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It's slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn't overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Love Child No. 9. 46 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wrought Iron IPA. 1 hour ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for podcast Summer Beers 2022. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Farthingale. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Branches. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Narwhal Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Field to Ferment - Centennial & Simcoe (2019). 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity