This version of Black is Beautiful is brewed by Topa Topa Brewing in Ventura, CA, hosted by Weathered Souls Brewing Company in San Antonio, TX. Color is very dark brown with two fingers of fluffy, dark khaki colored head. Malty aroma that smells somewhat sweet with lots of coffee notes. After a few sips, we see some nice lacing left on the glass. The taste is similar to the aroma, with dark bready notes, coffee, molasses, and brown sugar. It’s not too sweet though, and tastes more like robust cold brew coffee, plus some cigar and smoked meat flavors. Well balanced, with earthy hop flavors, medium carbonation, and a smooth mouthfeel. The 10% ABV will catch up with you, but Topa Topa put this in 12 oz cans so it’s manageable. We enjoyed this beer and its purpose – pick this up at your local brewery and show your support.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Little Juice Smoothie - Freshie Edition. 5 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Stone, Cold. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Landline. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity