Belgian in a Strange Land pours a deep, amber color with red highlights. The small amount of bubbly carbonation dissipates almost immediately. The aroma is a satisfying mix of bourbon, honey and Belgian yeast. It has a thick mouthfeel. The minimal carbonation and barrel aging make it incredibly smooth. Flavors consist of caramel malts, dark fruits (figs and cherry), plenty of bourbon and just a hint of maple syrup for a sweet finish. This is an interesting and complex beer, perfect for celebrating a 2nd anniversary. Plus at 12%, 8.4 ounces is just about the right amount.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Trade Bait. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Sully. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity