Color is dark brownish amber, non-transparent, with about one finger of off-white, foamy head. Strong aroma of caramel malt and dark fruit. The taste has some initial sweetness of butter and caramel, but the high alcohol is masked without any syrupiness. Malt forward, with wheat flavors and dark bread like pumpernickel and rye. We also get the dark fruit, especially fig and date. Well balanced between the malts and the fruit. Doesn’t drink like 8.2% - we would have guessed closer to 6%. Very smooth, with a lighter mouthfeel and medium body. Finish has some banana-like flavors, almost like a Belgian-style Dubbel. Complex, yet still very drinkable, this is an amazing beer and one that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lifestyle. 9 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Karl Strauss Mosaic Session Ale. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity