Color is dark brownish amber, non-transparent, with about one finger of off-white, foamy head. Strong aroma of caramel malt and dark fruit. The taste has some initial sweetness of butter and caramel, but the high alcohol is masked without any syrupiness. Malt forward, with wheat flavors and dark bread like pumpernickel and rye. We also get the dark fruit, especially fig and date. Well balanced between the malts and the fruit. Doesn’t drink like 8.2% - we would have guessed closer to 6%. Very smooth, with a lighter mouthfeel and medium body. Finish has some banana-like flavors, almost like a Belgian-style Dubbel. Complex, yet still very drinkable, this is an amazing beer and one that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 11 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 58 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Flocculative Tendencies. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity