Color is dark brownish amber, non-transparent, with about one finger of off-white, foamy head. Strong aroma of caramel malt and dark fruit. The taste has some initial sweetness of butter and caramel, but the high alcohol is masked without any syrupiness. Malt forward, with wheat flavors and dark bread like pumpernickel and rye. We also get the dark fruit, especially fig and date. Well balanced between the malts and the fruit. Doesn’t drink like 8.2% - we would have guessed closer to 6%. Very smooth, with a lighter mouthfeel and medium body. Finish has some banana-like flavors, almost like a Belgian-style Dubbel. Complex, yet still very drinkable, this is an amazing beer and one that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale. 48 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Shades of Haze - Scarlet. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hop Bullet DIPA. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Drawn And Quartered. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pompeii. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to The Gold Standard. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Resist (Ghost 787). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
The Corruption IPA