The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it's a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There's a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer - surely the first and the best we've had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Sour Power Hour. 18 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Porter. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Equinox Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Olympia Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity