The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it's a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There's a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer - surely the first and the best we've had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Beer V. 44 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Stalk. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Outside Denali IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Xocoveza. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Samuel Adams New World Tripel. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity