The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it's a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There's a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer - surely the first and the best we've had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sorry, Not Sorry!. 16 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Beer From Here: INW Lager. 36 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity