The Pathfinder combines hops and gin barrel aging to create a rather interesting beer. First on the color, it's a hazy, golden orange with a thick, soapy, white head. Aroma is herbal and floral, with some bready malt. Taste is very unique, with a dry, refreshing nature from the very first sip. Hop flavors are herbal, floral, and lemony citrus, and of course some juniper berry and maybe even peppermint. A bit of yeast and bready malt provide balance. Tingly, dry mouthfeel, well carbonated with a lot of mouthcoating. There's a lingering finish, with an astringency that gin drinkers will appreciate. Overall a delicious and unique beer - surely the first and the best we've had where beer is aged in gin-soaked oak barrels!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 54 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seizoen. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Lagoon. 7 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 5). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity