A powerful aroma of ginger hits you immediately as you pour this into a glass. The color is an extremely clear golden straw with a steady stream of ascending bubbles. Head is white and thin and disappears quickly. Taste is strikingly similar to the nose, with an onslaught of ginger right off the bat. You do get the lemongrass and malty wheat flavors, but the ginger overwhelms pretty much everything else. Mouthfeel is exceptionally smooth, but also refreshing and crisp. The ginger mellows out a bit in the end, but it's still very present and finishes like a palate cleanser. This beer would certainly pair well with spicy foods. It's not something we'd drink every day, but definitely interesting and worthy of the "Strange Brew" category.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 19 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tovarish. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA