A powerful aroma of ginger hits you immediately as you pour this into a glass. The color is an extremely clear golden straw with a steady stream of ascending bubbles. Head is white and thin and disappears quickly. Taste is strikingly similar to the nose, with an onslaught of ginger right off the bat. You do get the lemongrass and malty wheat flavors, but the ginger overwhelms pretty much everything else. Mouthfeel is exceptionally smooth, but also refreshing and crisp. The ginger mellows out a bit in the end, but it's still very present and finishes like a palate cleanser. This beer would certainly pair well with spicy foods. It's not something we'd drink every day, but definitely interesting and worthy of the "Strange Brew" category.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 13 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to IPAs East and West. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity