Color is dark dark brown. The head appears to be ruby red as you pour it into a glass, but then a milk chocolate brown color overtakes all evidence of redness. Aroma is burnt malt with cacao nibs and coffee grounds and vanilla. Taste is malt forward as you would expect, with bold, roasted malt along with coffee and cacao. Those flavors are cut by a creamy vanilla sweetness on the finish. Hops are earthy and piney and spicy. Mouthfeel is astringent. Overall a really well crafted, high quality Imperial Stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 4 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Red Glove. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity