Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Gimme Mo. 19 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for 20th Anniversary Ale. 51 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity