Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Saison Brett. 3 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Montucky Cold Snack. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Calf. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for No Chill. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Shuttle Bunny (8th Anniversary) Double White IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Quaff On! Quaff IPA. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Sour Power Hour. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peche 'n Brett. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity