Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Port 10 Year Anniversary Ale. 48 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Fernprost. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Redhook Winterhook. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Vanishing Point Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Tax Holiday. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for No Resolutions. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity