Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 37 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Goosed. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Beaver State Brews. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hitachino Nest White Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity