Beard Tax pours a dark brown color with about one finger of head comprised of tiny, khaki colored bubbles. Lots of lacing on the glass and the head recedes to a light film. Smells intense and rich. Taste is bold with a smoky, roasted malt flavor. Notes of leather and tobacco (specifically cigar flavors). Next up is bittersweet chocolate, coffee grounds, earthy hops, and just a very slight sweetness. Light carbonation but still full bodied, with a chewy mouthfeel. Finish has big, kick-you-in-the-face hop bitterness. A fantastic Russian Imperial Stout from Indianapolis.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Pacific Gem Pale Ale. 22 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Grab Bag II. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Dorado High. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity