Beard Tax pours a dark brown color with about one finger of head comprised of tiny, khaki colored bubbles. Lots of lacing on the glass and the head recedes to a light film. Smells intense and rich. Taste is bold with a smoky, roasted malt flavor. Notes of leather and tobacco (specifically cigar flavors). Next up is bittersweet chocolate, coffee grounds, earthy hops, and just a very slight sweetness. Light carbonation but still full bodied, with a chewy mouthfeel. Finish has big, kick-you-in-the-face hop bitterness. A fantastic Russian Imperial Stout from Indianapolis.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Weedwacker. 33 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Blue Boar Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Super Funkadelic Aged in Tequila Barrels with Key Lime. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Brew Free! Or Die IPA. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Christmas Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pistachio Cream Ale. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for God Complex Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity