Beard Tax pours a dark brown color with about one finger of head comprised of tiny, khaki colored bubbles. Lots of lacing on the glass and the head recedes to a light film. Smells intense and rich. Taste is bold with a smoky, roasted malt flavor. Notes of leather and tobacco (specifically cigar flavors). Next up is bittersweet chocolate, coffee grounds, earthy hops, and just a very slight sweetness. Light carbonation but still full bodied, with a chewy mouthfeel. Finish has big, kick-you-in-the-face hop bitterness. A fantastic Russian Imperial Stout from Indianapolis.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 44 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 7 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity