Beard Tax pours a dark brown color with about one finger of head comprised of tiny, khaki colored bubbles. Lots of lacing on the glass and the head recedes to a light film. Smells intense and rich. Taste is bold with a smoky, roasted malt flavor. Notes of leather and tobacco (specifically cigar flavors). Next up is bittersweet chocolate, coffee grounds, earthy hops, and just a very slight sweetness. Light carbonation but still full bodied, with a chewy mouthfeel. Finish has big, kick-you-in-the-face hop bitterness. A fantastic Russian Imperial Stout from Indianapolis.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Rob_H added a rating for Black is Beautiful. 17 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Moosehead Lager. 41 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity