Pours a dark brown color with a khaki head that has a thick, fizzy, cola-like head. The aroma has a bit of roasted malt notes, but peanut butter and sweetness dominate. The taste is more balanced. In fact, the peanut butter flavor is immediate and noticeable upfront, but then it gives way to malty, dark chocolate, and coffee flavors. Lots of espresso and vanilla bean with a slight sweetness. The flavor is enjoyable, but it quickly becomes more like a coffee stout than a peanut butter stout. Not heavy, medium-bodied, and easy to drink for 7.5%. And then the peanut flavor comes back in the finish. This is a unique and tasty stout, and it’s very interesting to experience the dichotomy between the aroma and the taste and a beer that seems to change with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Inclined IPA. 24 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale