Pours a dark brown color with a khaki head that has a thick, fizzy, cola-like head. The aroma has a bit of roasted malt notes, but peanut butter and sweetness dominate. The taste is more balanced. In fact, the peanut butter flavor is immediate and noticeable upfront, but then it gives way to malty, dark chocolate, and coffee flavors. Lots of espresso and vanilla bean with a slight sweetness. The flavor is enjoyable, but it quickly becomes more like a coffee stout than a peanut butter stout. Not heavy, medium-bodied, and easy to drink for 7.5%. And then the peanut flavor comes back in the finish. This is a unique and tasty stout, and it’s very interesting to experience the dichotomy between the aroma and the taste and a beer that seems to change with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 48 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity