Appearance is dark brown in color, with one finger of tan, creamy head. Malt-forward aroma with both dark chocolate and coffee. The taste delivers bold flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. The espresso flavors are robust, and there’s a touch of underlying caramel sweetness. But it’s not really sweet, which we appreciate. Maybe some vanilla or cream in in the mouthfeel. Earthy and piney hops, but this is all about the malts, with dark bread like rye or pumpernickel throughout. The 10% abv is manageable for such a rich beer. Coffee flavors accumulate with each sip, with a long, slightly bitter, enjoyable finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Filbert. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity