Appearance is dark brown in color, with one finger of tan, creamy head. Malt-forward aroma with both dark chocolate and coffee. The taste delivers bold flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. The espresso flavors are robust, and there’s a touch of underlying caramel sweetness. But it’s not really sweet, which we appreciate. Maybe some vanilla or cream in in the mouthfeel. Earthy and piney hops, but this is all about the malts, with dark bread like rye or pumpernickel throughout. The 10% abv is manageable for such a rich beer. Coffee flavors accumulate with each sip, with a long, slightly bitter, enjoyable finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 29 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pacific Kolsch Highway. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for S'Mores. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Pacific Northwest. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for PDX Carpet IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity