Appearance is dark brown in color, with one finger of tan, creamy head. Malt-forward aroma with both dark chocolate and coffee. The taste delivers bold flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. The espresso flavors are robust, and there’s a touch of underlying caramel sweetness. But it’s not really sweet, which we appreciate. Maybe some vanilla or cream in in the mouthfeel. Earthy and piney hops, but this is all about the malts, with dark bread like rye or pumpernickel throughout. The 10% abv is manageable for such a rich beer. Coffee flavors accumulate with each sip, with a long, slightly bitter, enjoyable finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 35 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 2 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity