Appearance is dark brown in color, with one finger of tan, creamy head. Malt-forward aroma with both dark chocolate and coffee. The taste delivers bold flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. The espresso flavors are robust, and there’s a touch of underlying caramel sweetness. But it’s not really sweet, which we appreciate. Maybe some vanilla or cream in in the mouthfeel. Earthy and piney hops, but this is all about the malts, with dark bread like rye or pumpernickel throughout. The 10% abv is manageable for such a rich beer. Coffee flavors accumulate with each sip, with a long, slightly bitter, enjoyable finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Boss Pour. 10 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Simtra Triple IPA. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Bonkers. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Side Hike. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity