This is the 2015 version that we’ve been aging for several years. It pours a dark brown color, with ½ finger of tan colored head and minimal lacing. Taste has rich, roasted flavors of dark malt, dark chocolate, and caramel. We also get some vanilla and marshmallow. Lots of sweetness. This version was aged in High West Double Rye barrels, and there are hints of rye that come through in the flavor. Definitely some booziness, and more sweetness than we expected. Full bodied with low carbonation and a smooth mouthfeel. Overall, this is nice this time of year. Robust and warming, and quite enjoyable as long as you like your Imperial Stouts on the sweet side.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Beer From Here: INW Lager. 6 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 32 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity