This is the 2015 version that we’ve been aging for several years. It pours a dark brown color, with ½ finger of tan colored head and minimal lacing. Taste has rich, roasted flavors of dark malt, dark chocolate, and caramel. We also get some vanilla and marshmallow. Lots of sweetness. This version was aged in High West Double Rye barrels, and there are hints of rye that come through in the flavor. Definitely some booziness, and more sweetness than we expected. Full bodied with low carbonation and a smooth mouthfeel. Overall, this is nice this time of year. Robust and warming, and quite enjoyable as long as you like your Imperial Stouts on the sweet side.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 44 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity