This is the 2015 version that we’ve been aging for several years. It pours a dark brown color, with ½ finger of tan colored head and minimal lacing. Taste has rich, roasted flavors of dark malt, dark chocolate, and caramel. We also get some vanilla and marshmallow. Lots of sweetness. This version was aged in High West Double Rye barrels, and there are hints of rye that come through in the flavor. Definitely some booziness, and more sweetness than we expected. Full bodied with low carbonation and a smooth mouthfeel. Overall, this is nice this time of year. Robust and warming, and quite enjoyable as long as you like your Imperial Stouts on the sweet side.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 5 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Cougar. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagertha. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Panther. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Otra Vez. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to IPAs East and West. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Another One. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity