Zaftig Wee Heavy
Color is dark brown with a thick, khaki colored foamy head. Boozy aroma that makes it clear this is a Scottish ale. Taste is malty up front, in the middle, and on the back end. Roasted malt, nuts, and lots of fruity hop flavors, including raisins, dates, plums, and figs. Earthy and piney hops give some nice balance, and a bold sweetness shows up after a few sips. The booziness from the aroma is non-existent in the taste. Dangerously drinkable with an incredible mouthfeel. Finishes so smooth- we'll take another one of these!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Sugar Pine Cocoa-Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for The Calling IPA. 2 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Sam Adams Octoberfest. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity