Zaftig Wee Heavy
Color is dark brown with a thick, khaki colored foamy head. Boozy aroma that makes it clear this is a Scottish ale. Taste is malty up front, in the middle, and on the back end. Roasted malt, nuts, and lots of fruity hop flavors, including raisins, dates, plums, and figs. Earthy and piney hops give some nice balance, and a bold sweetness shows up after a few sips. The booziness from the aroma is non-existent in the taste. Dangerously drinkable with an incredible mouthfeel. Finishes so smooth… we’ll take another one of these!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Marionberry Braggot. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 2 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 3 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer Interstellar Juggernaut. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Interstellar Juggernaut. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 3 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer Mind Haze IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Vicinity. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity