Zaftig Wee Heavy
Color is dark brown with a thick, khaki colored foamy head. Boozy aroma that makes it clear this is a Scottish ale. Taste is malty up front, in the middle, and on the back end. Roasted malt, nuts, and lots of fruity hop flavors, including raisins, dates, plums, and figs. Earthy and piney hops give some nice balance, and a bold sweetness shows up after a few sips. The booziness from the aroma is non-existent in the taste. Dangerously drinkable with an incredible mouthfeel. Finishes so smooth- we'll take another one of these!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 9 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Zonker Stout. 1 hour ago
- plarson listened to Deja Stout. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gia Girl. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 4 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity