Zaftig Wee Heavy
Color is dark brown with a thick, khaki colored foamy head. Boozy aroma that makes it clear this is a Scottish ale. Taste is malty up front, in the middle, and on the back end. Roasted malt, nuts, and lots of fruity hop flavors, including raisins, dates, plums, and figs. Earthy and piney hops give some nice balance, and a bold sweetness shows up after a few sips. The booziness from the aroma is non-existent in the taste. Dangerously drinkable with an incredible mouthfeel. Finishes so smooth- we'll take another one of these!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's a Trappist!. 8 minutes ago
- lauralane and 1 other added a rating for Prince of Dankness. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for No Resolutions. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Seizoen. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to San Diego Part 2. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for EZPZ Dry Hopped Pilsner. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for On Fleek. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity