Zaftig Wee Heavy
Color is dark brown with a thick, khaki colored foamy head. Boozy aroma that makes it clear this is a Scottish ale. Taste is malty up front, in the middle, and on the back end. Roasted malt, nuts, and lots of fruity hop flavors, including raisins, dates, plums, and figs. Earthy and piney hops give some nice balance, and a bold sweetness shows up after a few sips. The booziness from the aroma is non-existent in the taste. Dangerously drinkable with an incredible mouthfeel. Finishes so smooth… we’ll take another one of these!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Head South. Less than a minute ago.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Foam Top. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Whimsy. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Afterglow. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity