Zaftig Wee Heavy
Color is dark brown with a thick, khaki colored foamy head. Boozy aroma that makes it clear this is a Scottish ale. Taste is malty up front, in the middle, and on the back end. Roasted malt, nuts, and lots of fruity hop flavors, including raisins, dates, plums, and figs. Earthy and piney hops give some nice balance, and a bold sweetness shows up after a few sips. The booziness from the aroma is non-existent in the taste. Dangerously drinkable with an incredible mouthfeel. Finishes so smooth- we'll take another one of these!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 37 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to The Haze Craze of the IPA. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Phantasmagoria. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Red, White, and Peach. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Spaten Pils. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Anchor Porter. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Fatamorgana. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity