Yuengling Traditional Lager, the most popular beer from the oldest continuously operating brewery in the United States, is #4 behind the big three American Macro Beers in terms of sales. But it's miles ahead in flavor. It pours a deep amber color with a medium off-white head and a mild grain and grassy hop aroma. The flavor consists of mildly sweet caramel malts and some mild hop spice in the aftertaste. The beer keeps the caramel malts reserved so as not to be too sweet or heavy, remaining light bodied, smooth and drinkable. Because of its low cost and good flavor, it's easy to see how the sales stack up so well against Budweiser and MillerCoors. However, Yuengling is missing the boat without distribution to the 40 million people in the nation's most populous state as well as many other states west of the Mississippi.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. 8 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Even More Jesus. 24 minutes ago
- ohbuckeyenut commented on beer Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. 58 minutes ago
- duffy12 and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for X-Large. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Tocobaga. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Calfé. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity