Yuengling Traditional Lager, the most popular beer from the oldest continuously operating brewery in the United States, is #4 behind the big three American Macro Beers in terms of sales. But it's miles ahead in flavor. It pours a deep amber color with a medium off-white head and a mild grain and grassy hop aroma. The flavor consists of mildly sweet caramel malts and some mild hop spice in the aftertaste. The beer keeps the caramel malts reserved so as not to be too sweet or heavy, remaining light bodied, smooth and drinkable. Because of its low cost and good flavor, it's easy to see how the sales stack up so well against Budweiser and MillerCoors. However, Yuengling is missing the boat without distribution to the 40 million people in the nation's most populous state as well as many other states west of the Mississippi.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 19 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Sister. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to What's My Name Again?. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity