Yuengling Traditional Lager, the most popular beer from the oldest continuously operating brewery in the United States, is #4 behind the big three American Macro Beers in terms of sales. But it's miles ahead in flavor. It pours a deep amber color with a medium off-white head and a mild grain and grassy hop aroma. The flavor consists of mildly sweet caramel malts and some mild hop spice in the aftertaste. The beer keeps the caramel malts reserved so as not to be too sweet or heavy, remaining light bodied, smooth and drinkable. Because of its low cost and good flavor, it's easy to see how the sales stack up so well against Budweiser and MillerCoors. However, Yuengling is missing the boat without distribution to the 40 million people in the nation's most populous state as well as many other states west of the Mississippi.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for pFriem Super Saison. 37 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Squall IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Calling IPA. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Good Guy Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to What's My Name Again?. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity