Yuengling Traditional Lager, the most popular beer from the oldest continuously operating brewery in the United States, is #4 behind the big three American Macro Beers in terms of sales. But it's miles ahead in flavor. It pours a deep amber color with a medium off-white head and a mild grain and grassy hop aroma. The flavor consists of mildly sweet caramel malts and some mild hop spice in the aftertaste. The beer keeps the caramel malts reserved so as not to be too sweet or heavy, remaining light bodied, smooth and drinkable. Because of its low cost and good flavor, it's easy to see how the sales stack up so well against Budweiser and MillerCoors. However, Yuengling is missing the boat without distribution to the 40 million people in the nation's most populous state as well as many other states west of the Mississippi.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 28 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Bell Tower IPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Downtown Brown. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mackeson Triple XXX Stout. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Some Pumpkins. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity