Yuengling Traditional Lager, the most popular beer from the oldest continuously operating brewery in the United States, is #4 behind the big three American Macro Beers in terms of sales. But it's miles ahead in flavor. It pours a deep amber color with a medium off-white head and a mild grain and grassy hop aroma. The flavor consists of mildly sweet caramel malts and some mild hop spice in the aftertaste. The beer keeps the caramel malts reserved so as not to be too sweet or heavy, remaining light bodied, smooth and drinkable. Because of its low cost and good flavor, it's easy to see how the sales stack up so well against Budweiser and MillerCoors. However, Yuengling is missing the boat without distribution to the 40 million people in the nation's most populous state as well as many other states west of the Mississippi.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 18 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Daycation IPA. 54 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Canebrake. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Anchor Liberty Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Allagash Tripel Ale. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Karate Chimp. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity