Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Double Chocolate Stout pours nearly black, letting very little light through. A nice thick, tan colored head sticks around to the last drop. The aroma is very chocolate forward with malt and hints of cream and vanilla. The mouthfeel is light for a stout, and the carbonation is a little lacking, making for a slight thinness that leaves you wanting it a bit, well, more stout. The taste is bittersweet chocolate and a nice, roasty malt bitter finish that balances well. There's a slight milky dairy aftertaste that builds as you continue to sip through the bottle. It's not a stout stout, so it's great for those who are looking for a nice, well balanced, super drinkable and enjoyable chocolate stout without getting scared.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for 300. 36 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Citra High. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Swami's IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Hazy Shade of Winter. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hoss. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Old Scallywag - Oak Brandy Barrel Aged (2015). 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Purple Haze. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity