Wizard Burial Ground 2017
Color is clear, reddish amber with ½ finger of off-white, frothy head. Dissipates quickly with minimal lacing. Boozy aroma of whiskey, dark fruit, and malt. Taste is fairly sweet with Belgian candi sugar flavors as well as red apple and dark fruit like cherry, fig, raisin, and date. Caramel malt and molasses. Some vanilla and oak barrel flavor are noticeable as well, with a lot of the bourbon sweetness which ends up hiding some of the booziness. And at 11.8% it goes down really easily. Mouthfeel is velvety, syrupy, and warming. For some reason it reminds us of apple brandy. Light carbonation. Overall a bit on the sweet side, but it’s an excellent Barrel Aged Quad that we’d love to buy more and age for a few years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 13 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 and 1 other added a rating for Grand Hill IPA. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Prinsipia. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity